Holy fit people Batman… watching the Muscle Up Biathlon on the CrossFit Games right now. It’s now been a full week back in town and back in the gym and I’m feeling good. I mean, yes… I’m nursing cuts, scrapes, bumps, bruises and blisters as evidence that I am indeed back at it. But, it’s all a good kind of hurt. Thank you to Progenex and Formulx for helping me not feel like I got hit by a ton of bricks after doing two WODs yesterday.
Anyone else feel like summer gets busy, and when you’re busy and it’s hot out you’re unmotivated to get fancy in the kitchen? Welp, that’s me. So, here’s yet another edition of something incredibly easy to make. As far as this ‘recipe’ goes, if taking shortcuts is wrong, I don’t want to be right. Mainly, because Target sells these genius precooked packets of quinoa that only require a few minutes in a skillet to be dinner-ready. #kickass
So it’s not paleo, but what they call a superfood is definitely better than just downing a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. I’m happy to say that I’m 99.9% sure those days are behind me for good.
– 1.5 cups Cooked Quinoa (0r one of these)
– 1 Zucchini, Medium sized
– 2 oz Goat cheese (Half a small log)
– 1 tbsp EVOO
– Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Heat EVOO in a skillet on medium-high heat.
2) With a vegetable peeler, peel the entire zucchini over the skillet to make ‘zoodles’.
3) Stir to coat the zucchini evenly in EVOO, let cook until it begins to turn transparent.
4) Add in quinoa and seasoning (I believe my first run at this included garlic powder too), continue to cook for another 2ish minutes.
5) Reduce to medium heat, stir in goat cheese until it’s fully melted and distributed evenly. This shouldn’t take long at all.
VOILA – this is about as close to healthy you’re going to get the next time you get hit with a serious hankering for Mac & Cheese. Think about it. What is Fettucine Alfredo really? Mac & Cheese for adults who think they’re too sophisticated to publicly admit they want Mac & Cheese.
Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other
websites? I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would really like
to have you share some stories/information. I know my readers
would appreciate your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.
[…] Recipe Suggestion: Zuquinoa Alfredo […]