Time flies when you’re having fun… and ignoring your blog. Not on purpose. I swear. The 2013 Paleo Challenge is almost upon us, people… who’s in? I just made it official (aka forked over $45), so now there’s no turning back. Yes, there will be more random YouTube videos coming your way beginning shortly before September 16th. Less rambling, more recipes… GO.
I envision this recipe becoming a staple in my fridge over the course of this fall. Good thing I stupidly ran out of strawberries by putting an empty bag back in the cupboard when making PB&J Snack Bites. Once I was half into that recipe and found myself with none more than a bag of air in hand, I had to improvise. These happened, and damn am I glad they did.
Come to think of it… this recipe came about thanks to TWO kitchen fails. These happened because I messed up on the PB&J bites, which came out of a failed attempt to make homemade LaraBars. Giddy up.
No-Bake Coco Cocoa Bars
– 8 Pitted Dates
– 1/4 cup Almond Butter
– 1/2 cup Dried Coconut Flakes
– 1/4 cup Raw Almonds
– 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
– 1/2 tbsp Coconut Crystals
– 2 tbsp Enjoy Life Mini Chips
Time for the stupid easy instructions. You know, the kind that will make you fall out of your chair. Fasten your seat belts, kids… you’re in for a wild ride.
1) Put all the ingredients into a food processor and turn it on.
2) When everything is evenly incorporated, press mixture into the bottom of a small/shallow pan. #PyrexFTW
3) Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
Eat some. Keep the rest in the fridge. Eat some more. Repeat.