SUCH an awkwardly long recipe name. I know. Had no idea what else to call them and still make sure you know all the delicious ingredients that went into these things.
Knock knock. Who’s there?
Writer’s block. Writer’s block who?
Dubliner Bacon Garlic Herb Biscuits
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 15min | Yield: 10 biscuits
- 1/4 cup Kerrygold Garlic Herb Butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Flavor God Garlic Lovers’ Seasoning (Sub: Garlic or Onion powder)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 Kerrygold Dubliner, shredded (Omit to remain strict paleo)
- 2-3 slices Uncured Nitrate-Free Bacon (I prefer Applegate Sunday Bacon)
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) In a skillet, precook the bacon. When it’s done, chop into small pieces. My favorite way to do this = Kitchen shears!
3) In a mixer, combine the eggs, butter, salt and seasoning. It’s not rocket science.
4) Gradually mix in the coconut flour.
5) Once the coconut flour does its freaky absorbent magic, mix in the shredded cheese and bacon crumbles.
6) Portion out 10 biscuits onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. They’ll be the size of monster cookies. (aka one batch of dough should yield 10 small biscuits)
7) Bake for 15 minutes, then try not to eat them all straight out of the oven. I somehow managed to stop at 3. Barely.
To Reheat: Pop one in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to get the heat back.